Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Last week

Another week has come and gone.  The past couple times I have gotten on here to post pictures I find myself having no clue what to write about, so I've ended up just closing the laptop and thinking that I'll do it later.  And then a week has gone by, and I still haven't posted.  Maybe it's because we are in a little routine, and nothing that exciting is happening and I don't have the words to articulate that.  We are just doing the normal day to day stuff, and that's ok!  Our life is fairly simple right now.  Not a whole lot is going on besides school and baseball and the everyday things called life.  

So, here are some pictures from last week of the two cuties.  




I know it's crazy that I take a thousand pictures of J man every time I take pictures.  But, when he starts smiling it's just the cutest thing ever.  So, I like to post a lot.  And, let's face it.  I'm home alone with him all day so sometimes we get a little bored and snap extra pictures.  He doesn't complain.  :)
And for some reason when I downloaded these next few pictures on the blog they look a different color than they are on my computer.  His outfit isn't purple, and his eyes don't look dark brown.  








Little guy has been keeping me busy with washing his clothes.  I can't keep a clean outfit on him longer than about an hour.  He has been spitting up a crazy amount lately, it doesn't seem to bother him but it keeps me on my toes.  He wears a bib all day, even though he doesn't have them on in the pictures.  And he probably wears anywhere from 4-5 outfits a day.  Not only does he spit up now at any given moment, he has also started sticking his entire hand down his throat which gags him and makes him throw up.  It's great.  I have to psycho watch him now because once I turn my eyes for 2 seconds those little chubby fingers go into his mouth and before I can grab it his entire hand is in his mouth and then the gagging starts.  Crazy.  He acts like I don't feed him, but we all know that's not the case with this little butterball.    
So, he goes naked a lot because I can keep up with all his wardrobe changes.  



Dane's coach is now making them practice twice a week.  One day for regular practice, and then another practice for strictly batting. Intense I tell ya.  I had to take both boys Tuesday because Kevin had his open house that night.  Usually, Kevin is the lucky one to endure the loooong practices in the heat.  It's just too hard having J man out there for that long, he doesn't like sitting in his stroller if it's not moving, and it puts us behind with getting him bathed and down for the night. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  :) 

 Dane is so sweet to Jace.  He will do anything I ask with no complaining if it involves helping me with Jace.  The other night After I had given Jace a bath I laid him in the bed while I was running around trying to get everything ready to put him to bed.  I had told Dane to stay in my room to make sure he didn't fall off the bed.  I came back in to see Jace propped up next to Dane and him reading his library book to him.  Sweetness overload.  It looks like Jace is really paying attention to the story.  :)







Some of these pictures are out of order, but I'm not taking the time to fix it.  :)



3 full weeks in first grade, and things are going really well so far.  He is doing much better this go round.  Last year at this time he had already gone to the Principal's office a couple times.  First grade is going much better, it's going how we expected it to go last year.  I'm not saying that he is a perfect angel, but he seems to be making better choices so far.  No bad notes, emails or phone calls.  He is coming home excited and motivated to be good.  On his behavior sheet he has gotten stickers and stamps all 3 weeks with no letters from the Acronym SUPER circled.  I'm hopeful that this kind of behavior continues.  I'm sure since I have written about it I just jinxed it.  Ha 
We really like his teacher, and so does Dane.  She's been a teacher for 16 years with 7 of those years at Dane's school.  She is very nice, but also doesn't seem to nit pick stuff, understands about keeping him challenged and also about his personality.  She seems like a perfect fit for Dane.  Nice, but keeps him accountable but at the same time knows his personality so doesn't nit pick him to death. It's hard to explain really, but I think she's had a lot of experience at keeping kids on task. Kevin and I met with her the first week about getting him tested for the GT program because he is just too smart for his own good, and to communicate to her about his personality and the things we were concerned with with what all went on last year.  Anyway, we were able to go into detail about who Dane is, and what he needs to succeed.  Keep him busy and challenged or he will find a way to entertain himself.   













No comments: