Tuesday, February 17, 2015

8 months!!!

Another month post.  
My sweet baby is already 8 months old on February 4th.  4 months away from being a 1 year old. Mind blowing.  The baby stage goes by so fast.  

The biggest change that this month brought was little booger officially learned to crawl.  He's on the move and getting into everything that his little chubby fingers can get hold of.  Leading up to his 8 month birthday he was so so so close to crawling.  He was able to get up on all fours and move his arm and knee about two times before falling.  He was so close, and I just knew that it would end up happening on the one day that I was leaving him with his grandparents and wouldn't be home to see it.  I had plans to go with my mom the day after his 8 month bday to Galveston to take care of some stuff for my stepdad, and would be gone the whole day.  So, on the day he turned 8 months Kevin got home from work and I was telling him that I just knew he was going start crawling the next day.  The craziest thing happened.  Kevin grabbed his keys and started shaking them in front of Jace and just like that little booger crawled and crawled trying to get those keys.  You can better believe that we were cheering and so excited.  I couldn't believe it, but was soooooo happy that Jace started crawling that evening! 
He is such a cutie.  At first he would stay in whatever area you had him in and would crawl around.  As the days have gone by he has gotten faster and will venture out of the designated room he is in.  He has started really pulling up the last few days, loves to eat mulch out of a plant, hair balls, and anything else that is invisible to the human eye.  I have to watch him like a hawk now, and can't leave him in a room by himself for too long.  If he is awake when I take showers I have to pull the high chair into the bathroom to strap him in otherwise he would be everywhere he shouldn't.  

He is a happy happy boy.  Laughs and giggles most of the day.  Dane can make him belly laugh like no other person can.  He is now eating a lot more in the baby food department.  He loves pears, bananas, sweet potatoes, apples, and squash.  I've started green beans, which he isn't too crazy about but will eat some of it.  

Sleep.  Yeah he's still terrible at that.  I'm at a lost why he won't sleep through the night.  He still wakes up several times at night.  Sometimes he will sleep from about 7:30- 3ish and then will sleep til 8:00.  Other nights he will go to sleep at 7:30 wake up at 11 & 1 & 4 & 6.  Sigh.  Naps during the day have gotten a tad better.  they aren't always long, but he takes them most days.  














1 comment:

Curly Girl Confessions said...

...he doesn't sleep because your first baby did! ;) I feel you - P still doesn't and he's 14 mnths. Sigh...