Saturday, April 11, 2015

Misc Cuteness

Dane was suppose to have a baseball game last night, but it got rained out again.  Now we have 2 games that will have to be made up.  It's been a weird season because we have been part of the team for a long time now, but we have only played 3 games and there has been huge gaps between the games.  It's been over 2 weeks since the boys played, and we don't have another game until the end of next week.  It's hard for the kids to get in a groove when they aren't playing on a regular basis.  The rain held off long enough this morning for our team pictures, but it started raining once we were back home.  Which ended up being good for me because I was scheduled for concession stand duty this evening.  And nothing screams a whole lot of fun more like spending 2 hours in a concession stand waiting on little league boys to decide rather they want an icee, pickle, bubble gum, or cotton candy.  So, I was doing a happy dance when I got the call that the evening games were cancelled which means I can get back into my loungy pants and relax the rest of this Saturday! Woohoo!
Tomorrow the boys and I are heading to Galveston to visit my mom and step dad and celebrate my mom's birthday.  

Not a whole lot has gone on the last week or two besides Easter wknd.  If you ask Kevin he would say the complete opposite.  He has been a working fool lately.  He's teaching 2 college classes and creating another course on top of his full time job so he has been super busy and hasn't gotten much sleep lately.  But, for the two little ones and I it's been low key since there has been a gap in the baseball schedule.  But, that won't last long especially when baseball is really in full swing.  Dane's golf lessons start back up in a week, and the end of the school year is creeping up on us so lots of fun school activities are close on the calendar.  I think there is only 6 wks left of school, which is just insane with how fast it has all gone. 

In other news yesterday was my one year anniversary of becoming a stay at home mom!! It's crazy to think that I have been not working for a whole year.  Time flies when you are having fun! I have loved every minute of being at home and I do not miss working not one single bit. It's hard to put into words, but I do not miss anything about being a working mom. 
Working outside the home, and being a full time mom is the HARDEST thing I've ever had to do.  PERIOD.  Since I've had the opportunity to do both... I can say without a doubt that in my personal experience working a full time job and being a full time mom and wife is much harder and has a lot more stress involved than staying home.  Yes, staying at home is hard because you are never off duty if you have a little to take care of.  I'm not trying to say being at home is a cake walk and not trying to step on any toes. But in my own life having to get up at the crack of dawn and sit in traffic and then work on my feet the entire day in a stressful environment on top of that, and then getting off to sit in more traffic and going home and having to squeeze in mom and wife duties and all the extras was extremely stressful.  And I don't miss it!!!! 

 Ok... I miss 2 things.  
1. I miss my therapist girls who I used to see everyday.  We were a tight close group of 4 girls, who had each other's back and literally went through hell together.  BUT, we have lunch dates every few weeks so I'm able to get my friend fix without having the work drama attached to it.  
2. And I miss my paycheck.  Because who doesn't like having more money?? But, I don't even miss it that much!!!  And I'm being totally honest when I say that.  We are on a tighter budget, and I don't have the desire that I used to have to buy certain things.  Of course, there are times I wish we had more "extra" money so I could go shopping without thinking about it, or have more girl wknds etc.  But, I'm so happy with our current situation that I really don't miss the extra money.  It's hard to explain, and I'm doing a poor job at it.  Our life is pretty simple, but I'm loving it!! It's been a good year.  I don't feel stressed at all besides the little annoyances that kids can do to you.  But, on a deeper level I'm not stressed and I'm so much more happier!!  

I just went off on a rambling tangent.  I apologize.  
Let's get to the fun stuff.  Here are some random pictures from the past week or so.

  Dane wanted me to set up this tunnel the other day and see if Jace would want to play in it.  I think secretly he wanted to play in it, but casually blamed it on Jace.  I pulled it out and I could not get Jace to crawl through it.  I tried and tried.  He would sit on the opposite end and just look and smile, but I couldn't get him to actually go in it.  But wouldn't you know that as soon as Dane would crawl in it Jace would get right behind him and follow him.  It was actually a good lesson to Dane because we have been telling him that Jace is watching him, and that Dane needs to be a good example for him.  He saw first hand that Jace copies what he does and he needs to be careful to only teach him good things! 











These next couple pictures just show how much Jace loves Dane.  He adores him!! And Dane is a wonderful big brother!



We have a community garage sale coming up in our neighborhood and I'm thinking about doing it, so I have been pulling stuff out that I could sell.  I found this hat of Dane's when he was a baby.  Unfortunately, it was a little tight and small on Jace's noggin.  HA




When I went to the mall the other day to see the Easter Bunny and to get an Easter shirt for Jace we had time to kill before the store opened so I let Jace crawl around in the playground area.  He had the area to himself, and was so cute and happy crawling around and pulling up.  I had my real camera with me because I thought we were going to see the Easter Bunny... but we all know how that turned out.  Jace was excited to be able to get out of the stroller for a few minutes and stretch his legs! 






Dane got his hair cut the other day, and for the first time ever his stylist asked him if he wanted his hair washed before getting it cut.  Let me tell you that she created a monster!! Because he LOVED it!! He kept saying things like "wow this is great!" "I've never had my hair washed before" "Can I do this every time I get my hair cut" 
It was hilarious, but I have to agree with him.  That's my favorite part of getting my hair cut too!! 

And some bath pictures that I was lucky enough to catch because I had my cell phone close by.  Jace loves taking baths! And has gotten pretty adventurous and will now stand up in his bathtub.  He splashes and kicks and always throws a big fit when I take him out.  Maybe he will love the water as much as Dane does!






No comments: