Monday, July 13, 2015

#WittschensdoTX ~ Day 3

Since we were all in one hotel room we put Jace's playpen in the bathroom so he would have a quiet dark room to sleep in without being able to see us.  I knew that if he could see us in the same room he would never lay down and go to sleep.  He would want me to pick him up and get him out of the playpen.  So, he was cozy in his own little room.  Well, the hotel that we stayed at in Austin had a loud air conditioner, not a bad annoying sound but more like a sound machine with white noise that was way louder than most.  Why am I describing the air conditioner?  Well, we got the best sleep we have had in a long time... but we woke up in a panic because neither of us woke up to Jace waking up in the middle of the night.  Yes, he still wakes up in the middle of the night every single night. It's rough, and we have tried everything to make him sleep through the night.  So, we couldn't decide if Jace had a miracle night and never woke up, or if the air conditioner was so loud that we never heard him.  EEK.  Either way he woke up in a great mood so I chalked it up to him having a good night.  
Maybe w should invest in a louder air conditioner at our house.  :)

Breakfast this morning was my favorite.  We stopped for breakfast tacos at Torchy's Taco's.  I had heard a lot about this place, and it did not disappoint.  It was super yummy!!! After I posted about it on social media I was told that there are Torchy's close to my area.  I had no idea, thought it was just an Austin thing but was happy to hear because the breakfast tacos were delish.  Even their fountain drinks were good! We fueled up before making our last stop in Austin. 



We had one more stop we wanted to make before heading out of town.  We visited the Hope Outdoor Gallery which is a massive multi level graffiti wall.  It's another #keepAustinweird spot for sure.  Artists from all over are able to legally come to this place and paint murals or whatever they want on the walls. All of the walls were painted from top to the bottom.  Every inch of every wall was covered in paint. Kevin and and Dane climbed to the top to explore and see all the different types of graffiti that you couldn't see from the street level.  Dane is all about exploring and climbing so he thought this place was really neat.  There was so much to look at.  Murals and pictures everywhere. It was a really neat stop, I'm glad that we heard about it and decided to check it out.  We went in the morning, so I guess all the painters were still sleeping.  I was hoping that we would catch some in the action.



Jace was a little pouty here.  He wasn't in the art mood I guess. :)








Where's Waldo?









Wish we had been able to stay longer in Austin since there is so much to do.  Once Jace is a bit older I hope that we can go back and do more.
We got back on the road after leaving the Hope gallery and drove to Waco.


Our first stop in Waco was the Dr Pepper Museum.  Groupon had a coupon for this, so I lucked out and only had to pay $12 total for all 3 tickets.  Score! This was a little museum that had a bunch of old timey Dr Pepper stuff in it. Kevin and I thought it was neat, but Dane thought the museum was boring.  This was his least favorite part of the trip but he loved that we stopped at the soda shop afterwards and tried the different flavors and had a Dr Pepper float.  Jace loved that part too!





















We hit up the local diner... Health Camp for some yummy burgers while coming up with the game plan for the afternoon.  Since we just had Dr Pepper floats we passed on the ice cream shakes and just had a good old fashioned burger.


Kevin was wanting to take Dane to the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame Museum, and I was really wanting to go to Magnolia Market and Spice village to look around.  Magnolia Market is the store that is owned by Chip and Joanna Gaines from the tv show Fixer Upper on HGTV.  Spice Village is a shopping girl's dream.  It houses a ton of individually owned shops that include home goods, clothes, jewelry etc.  I knew that Dane would HATE to have go to home stores to shop and look around, and I wasn't too crazy excited about going to a museum that was all about cowboys and guns.  :) So, I had the genius idea to drop off the big boys at the museum and take Jace with me to go piddle.  Perfect plan!!

I found the Magnolia Market, but unfortunately the Chip and Joanna weren't there that day.  :(  But, their little shop is super cute and I wanted to buy everything they were selling.  Super cute stuff.  Spice Village was awesome, and if I had more time or if I wasn't with the baby I could have stayed there for hours.  I forgot to snap a picture of it while I was there piddling around.

While Jman and I were off shopping the bigger boys were looking all around at the Texas Ranger Museum. Dane and Kevin both thought it was super cool and loved it.  Dane got to put together a Colt pistol and had lots to talk about when I scooped them back up.




It was time to hit the road and head back home.  I knew that after being in the car for a while Jace would need to be able to get out and run around for a few minutes, so we stopped in God's country for about 10 minutes and took some pictures at the big ring and let everyone stretch their legs. 

 Seriously the kid won't be still long enough for 2 seconds to take a picture.  The second you put him down he's running.

We landed back in Cypress and all hit our separate corners and relaxed until bedtime!! Whew! What a great trip!!! 

No comments: