Tuesday, August 25, 2015

2nd Grade!

Wasn't it just a few months ago that we were at Dane's pre-school graduation?? Feels like yesterday.  Here we are going into the 3rd year of elementary.  
2nd Grade.  Hard to believe.  

Dane was super excited on the first day to get back to school and see his friends and become a 2nd grader.  Dane has become more independent if that's even possible and has become very teenager like.  He was against me taking pictures, didn't want me to bring him to school, acted embarrassed that I was walking him into the school building, and then stopped me before walking into his classroom and told me he didn't need me to walk him in.  :(  But, I told him that it was a rule and in the parent handbook that parents have to do all this stuff on the first day.  HaHa It did make me feel better when I was leaving the school and ran into a couple of mom's of his friends and they had the same experience with their boys.  

The entire day I felt like I was pacing and feeling like I didn't know what I was suppose to be doing.  The clock was watched all day, and it moved so slowly.  I was dying to know how the day went.  I was little nervous because unfortunately he did not get in class with any of his friends from the past 2 years. Very disappointing really, and on top of that I had heard that his teacher has a reputation for being a tough teacher.  I baked some double decker cookies with the hope of bribing Dane with treats to give me lots of details about the day.  Because you know boys... full of details is not one of their traits.  

Dane got home and was all smiles! He had a great day, and we are looking forward to a great year.  











No comments: