Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Mother's Day

I had a good Mother's Day weekend.  I drove down to Orange that Friday to see my mom, and it was just what the doctor ordered for both of us.  My mom and stepdad has had a really rough year and half dealing with my stepdad's brain injury.  So, my mom doesn't get to get out much since the majority of her time is taking care of him.  All I wanted for mother's day was to be able to go see her and spend some time with her without having to bring the whole clan with me.  I got in that evening and we stayed up super late watching Real Housewives and catching up and doing a whole lot of laughing.  The next day I was able to kidnap her away for a couple hours and take her to lunch that included a big ol strong margarita.  I stayed until that evening and then drove back home.  It was a short visit, but filled with quality time which is what we both needed. 


Sunday my boys treated me with breakfast in bed, and then after church we got some take out from Gringos and I vegged out and caught up on some netflix.  It was a nice quite day.  Kevin got me a new phone which was a big surprise.  My phone was old and not working great, had no storage and the camera was terrible on it.  So, I was really excited to get a new one.  

And I want to give my mother-in-law a shout out also.  She wasn't in town so we didn't get to see her, but she is special to me as well.  She has always treated me like a daughter and has always put her family first as well.  I'm one lucky girl to have her as a mother in law.  

No comments: