Monday, August 29, 2016

Meet the Teachers

I have to admit I was a bit nervous and anxious waiting on Dane's 3rd grade teacher assignment.  Dane had 2 teachers and they were polar opposite of each other in 2nd Grade.  One was AMAZING, don't think anyone could ever come close to competing with how awesome of a teacher she was.  And, then on the flip side Dane had a really rough teacher to go along with it.  Made for a long year. That's all I can really say about that.  I'll never forget getting the teacher assignment last year and hearing from so many moms who had kids who went before us "I'm sorry, or good luck or it's going to be a long year for you".  Our awesome teacher kept us a float, helped keep us out of the mental house and was Dane's biggest cheerleader etc.  
So, when I got the letter this year I think I squealed out loud like it was Christmas morning.  Both teachers had good reputations around the school of being wonderful teachers.  Which is all I needed to hear.  And, Dane had friends in his class which was a bonus.  
It's going to be a great year in 3rd grade!

 Dane and his good friend Andrew.  They were so excited to be in the same class again.  They were together in 1st grade, and have stayed super tight buddies.  They play at recess everyday together in 2nd.   And I love Andrew's mom, so I was happy too!! We let Mrs Getschmann know though that you might want to put these two sillies at different tables.  
 Mrs Getschmann
 Beyond thrilled that Dane and Sara are in the same class again.  We were totally surprised since they were together last year! 

Mrs Bryant, Dane's switch teacher.  


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A few days after Dane's meet the teacher it was Jace's turn. He is going to be attending a mother's day out program 2 days a week at a nearby church.  He looked so big walking in.  I didn't get any pictures of him with his two sweet teachers, he was so busy playing with all the toys that they had out.  But, it went well, and I knew afterwards that he is going to really enjoy going.  









No comments: